Acts 16:30,31-The question was asked in Acts 16:30-WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?
God’s Word answers this clearly.
- Acts 16:31-It is written: BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
- Eph 2:8,9-FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH; AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD: Faith can only come as a result of hearing or reading God’s Word-Ro 10:17.
- A person must repent. It is written: Luke 13:3-I TELL YOU…EXCEPT YE REPENT, YE SHALL ALL LIKEWISE PERISH.
- ASK for God’s forgiveness and mercy. Humble yourself for GOD RESISTS THE PROUD BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE-Ja 4:6. Call on the name of the Lord-Acts 2:21.
- After believing on Jesus Christ as your only hope of salvation and repenting of your sins, you are commanded to be baptized by full immersion. For it is written: Acts 2:38-REPENT, AND BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU…Ro 6:4-THEREFORE WE ARE BURIED WITH HIM BY BAPTISM, or buried in the water.
- Finally, we are to fear God and obey His Word. For it is written: Pv 3:7-BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES: FEAR THE LORD, AND DEPART FROM EVIL. GOD IS GREATLY TO BE FEARED IN THE ASSEMBLY OF THE SAINTS-Ps 89:7.
Jesus learned obedience by the things which He suffered. So all that follow Him also must learn to obey the Scriptures. Jesus said, If ye love me, keep my commandments-Jn 14:15.
If you are willing to humble yourself and repent, you can call on the name of the Lord right now.
Dear Jesus, I am a sinner. I believe you are the Son of God and died for my sins on the cross. Forgive all of my sins. Lord, have mercy on me a sinner. Thank you for hearing my prayer. I ask it in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
If you asked Jesus Christ, Who is come in the flesh, to save you, begin reading and obeying God’s Word. Find a good, Bible-believing church and be baptized by full immersion in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost-ref Mt 28:19. Your emails are welcome.
Begin reading God’s Word faithfully every day, as if it was more important to you than even the food you put into your mouth. Suggestion: Read the Gospel of John 3 times, and then the entire New Testament 3 times. Afterward, begin in Genesis and read the entire Bible. Read at least 5 chapters a day.
Yes, there is much you will not understand in the beginning. Do not let that stop you or discourage you. All go through this. Be faithful in your reading and obey those things that you do understand.
And may God bless you.
It is written, regarding receiving the Holy Spirit:
- Ro 8:9-BUT YE ARE NOT IN THE FLESH, BUT IN THE SPIRIT, IF SO BE THAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD DWELL IN YOU. NOW IF ANY MAN HAVE NOT THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, HE IS NONE OF HIS.
- Jn 7:39-(BUT THIS SPAKE HE OF THE SPIRIT, WHICH THEY THAT BELIEVE ON HIM SHOULD RECEIVE: FOR THE HOLY GHOST WAS NOT YET GIVEN; BECAUSE THAT JESUS WAS NOT YET GLORIFIED.)
- Gal 3:14-THAT THE BLESSING OF ABRAHAM MIGHT COME ON THE GENTILES THROUGH JESUS CHRIST; THAT WE MIGHT RECEIVE THE PROMISE OF THE SPIRIT THROUGH FAITH.
- Lk 11:13-IF YE THEN, BEING EVIL, KNOW HOW TO GIVE GOOD GIFTS UNTO YOUR CHILDREN: HOW MUCH MORE SHALL YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER GIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT TO THEM THAT ASK HIM?
- Acts 2:37,38-NOW WHEN THEY HEARD THIS, THEY WERE PRICKED IN THEIR HEART, AND SAID UNTO PETER AND TO THE REST OF THE APOSTLES, MEN AND BRETHREN, WHAT SHALL WE DO? THEN PETER SAID UNTO THEM, REPENT, AND BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS, AND YE SHALL RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST.
- Mt 28:19,20-GO YE THEREFORE, AND TEACH ALL NATIONS, BAPTIZING THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY GHOST: TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED YOU: AND, LO, I AM WITH YOU ALWAY, EVEN UNTO THE END OF THE WORLD. AMEN.
- Acts 5:32-AND WE ARE HIS WITNESSES OF THESE THINGS; AND SO IS ALSO THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM GOD HATH GIVEN TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM.
- Jn 14:15,16-IF YE LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS. AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, THAT HE MAY ABIDE WITH YOU FOR EVER.
- Heb 5:9-HE BECAME THE AUTHOR OF ETERNAL SALVATION UNTO ALL THEM THAT OBEY HIM.